Taking one-on-one lessons has many unique benefits, even if you are currently learning music in a classroom setting. Below are just a few of the attributes that make private lessons valuable.
For beginners, private lessons will help you to. . .
- Set up your instrument properly so that you can play comfortably and effectively.
- Learn proper technique.
- Determine when notes are in tune.
- Produce a beautiful tone.
- Read music fluently and accurately.
- Progress at your own pace, which will maintain your interest.
- Develop practice strategies that compliment your learning style.
Intermediate and advancing students will benefit from all of the above, and they will also. . .
- Receive the critical feedback needed to prepare for auditions and performances.
- Be mentored on how to pursue music as a career.
- Maintain a healthy technique in order to avoid playing injuries.
- Study repertoire that will continue to challenge their skillset.
- Learn to convincingly perform music of different genres and time periods.